Friday, August 31, 2012

DIY Dipped Leg Table

Happy Friday!!! This week has flown by! I am making some serious progress on the play closet this week and here is another great project that I just completed. The below image has been pinned for ages now and I just love the look! So why not try it out in kid's space?


We had the bright green Target knock off of Ikea's Lack side table that we use for Little Man's table. It was a great buy and since the closest Ikea is 2 hours away it was a great find at less than $15. The table is pretty sturdy but it really needed an update after over a year of play dough, paints, and markers!

 The before shot... Little Man still wants to know where his green table is!

2 coats of primer...

2 coats of Cracked Pepper in semi gloss... same as used on the book shelf 

Yes - I took the lazy approach and did not paint the bottoms!

Covering the painted parts... probably would have been easier to do the 
bottoms first and then the rest of the table. Duh! 

After 2 coats of Krylon Metallic Silver spray paint. 

Back in the play closet 

An up close view!

I am loving the update of the table and it worked out great to use a dark colored paint in a semi-gloss. Everything wipes right off! I still need to figure out the chairs and I have a few more projects up my sleeve that are getting worked on this weekend. Can't wait to share them next week!

I am linking up today at Serenity Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment