Wednesday, August 29, 2012

More Chalk Paint...

I must say that I've gone a bit overboard with the chalkboard paint! But what can you do? Little Man loves it and a happy kiddo is a very happy mommy!

As I mentioned last week, I have big plans for the Play Closet. I love the Wall Art Display and want to keep adding more touches that work for us. Being that the whole closet is painted a super boring white the first place I looked was to paint. There are still lots of ideas floating around in my head about what to do for the 3 wall but it was a no brainer for the back wall... chalkboard!

So I cleared out the toys (yes - I just moved them to the front of the closet! I was shocked at how much stuff we squeezed in there!) and got to work!

The before shot. To give some perspective, the wall is about 3 feet high. 

 All taped and ready to get started!

Almost done with coat #1 

 After 3 coats of paint
A full covering of chalk to condition it 

Midway thru the chalk conditioning

Success! Little Man loves it!

Unfortunately for you that's all there is for the after shots... for now! Lots more to come on this space!

1 comment:

  1. This is perfect! There are so many things to do with Chalkboard paint. I think it is time for me to try :)

    ReplyDelete