Tuesday, August 21, 2012

A Chalktastic Idea!

Now that the organization is up and running with the pantry, it was time to focus on something a little more fun. Oh yes and quick too!

I have the Rustoleum Chalkboard paint sitting in the garage for nearly a year now! I have no idea why it took me so long to finally bust it out and tackle this project. I guess that I just needed the push to get moving!

A quick cover of painters tape, 2 coats of paint, an overnight dry, a chalk conditioning, and here we are....







A chalkboard paneled pantry door! I love the way it looks and that we have an easy place to keep our grocery, Target, and Costco lists. Snap a quick picture of the list with my phone and I am ready to shop!

However, it seems like someone else likes the new door even better than I do. Can you guess who that might be?

I have had 2 wonderfully peaceful nights of dinner preparations thanks to our new door and a box of pastel chalk. Now I am really kicking myself for not doing this a long time ago!

Think this is great? Just wait till tomorrow!

1 comment:

  1. This is seriously fabulous! I love it, and the added bonus of peaceful cooking, is enough to make me want to find a place to do this at our house!

    ReplyDelete