Wednesday, August 22, 2012

The Piece de Resistance!

As I have shown this week, we made lots of changes to our pantry. I organized, took down shelves, and added a spice rack here. And then chalkboard panels on the door here. I love these updates but the real winner for me is today's addition. This is another vision that I have had floating around in  my head for months now but they always take me a bit to build up the courage to complete them. And then I kick myself that I waited so long!

We are very lucky to have a nice sized kitchen but with so many gadgets, utensils, and cooking tools it's often hard to find what you are looking for easily. Check out our utensil stand and cooking drawer. Impossible to easily find anything...



And so with my newly cleared wall in the pantry I knew just what we needed! A pegboard in the pantry!!! It sounds a little far fetched but wait until you see the end result!

2 foot by 4 foot piece of pegboard 

the empty wall in the pantry... 

a nifty little box of pegboard accessories (including mounting spacers) $11 at Home Depot

2 quick coats of chalkboard paint... since I already had it out! Makes labeling super easy though! 

Chalkboard conditioning... 

A quick wipe down (while hubby recounted his love of erasing chalkboards in grade school) 

To mount, you use the spacers and basically screw it into the wall. We used 12 spacers. The package only came with 4 so make sure to buy extras. Also, it is helpful to glue the spacers to the back of the pegboard and then screw them in if you are working in a tight space or using a large pegboard. Otherwise, you are trying to contort your hand behind the board to place the spacers!

Hanging and ready to load it up! 

Are you ready to be jealous??? I must say that I love this new addition. It is by far my FAVORITE aspect of the pantry redo! I now have an empty drawer, some cleared up counter space, and more room in my kitchen cabinets in addition to being able to easily see all of my kitchen tools! LOVE!







We moved this nifty little gadget to the other wall. It holds your plastic grocery bags for easy storage and access. We have one in the pantry downstairs and one upstairs in the laundry room. A definite must have!


PS. I linked this project at Serenity Now and Our Fifth House Organize It Linky Party

7 comments:

  1. Wowzers - it is fantastic. I LOVE that you painted it with chalkboard paint!

    ReplyDelete
  2. great organization tip! Thanks for sharing!

    Linking back from Serenity NOw

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much! I love it more now that I've had to do some cooking. Its makes it so much more enjoyable!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great idea- I would have never thought of that! Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW!! This may be the first time I've ever seen pegboard in a pantry!! What a great idea!! Everything looks great! Thanks so much for linking up at the "Organize It" party!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :) This is by far by favorite kitchen organization project I have completed! So much that I just recreated it in our new home! Thanks for hosting!

      Delete
  6. I have never seen pegboard in a pantry before and the minute I saw it, I kept saying to myself, gosh this is brilliant! I really love this. Great idea!

    ReplyDelete