Monday, March 4, 2013

Wear It Challenge: Lilac Skinny Corduroys

This challenge came at the perfect time for me! We are halfway thru our whirlwind month of travel and we are off to Park City in just a few days. Needless to say, I can't do much in the way of DIY and the big task at hand is packing for me and the kids!

I actually turned to Pinterest prior to this challenge to get some ideas for multi purpose pieces that will help keep my packing to a minimum. Yeah - that will never happen!

Now that I have fully jumped on the colored jeans bandwagon I thought that adding a pair of colored corduroys was the next logical step. A big thanks to Old Navy for getting their spring clothes out extra early and marking these puppies down to $11! The color options were lilac, coral, and green. Lilac was a new color to my closet and it seemed like a great spring transition color. I am thrilled to report that are tons of outfit ideas for lilac skinnies like this adorable lilac and navy option from Classroom Couture.


Unfortunately, I was already at my parents house and did not have the needed pieces that would make these outfits work (but I am so excited to try these out in the very near future!) I decided to check out what I did have that might work with these cords and I stumbled onto a pretty awesome and comfy outfit! Here is outfit inspiration.



And here is my take on it - obviously in a different color but the style still translates!

And there is a pretty funny story behind my outfit... I have been pretty vocal about being slow to buy a chambray shirt. Well, since I am home I decided to check out my mom's closet after borrowing a super cute JCrew necklace when we went out on Saturday night. Lo and behold, my mom has not one, not two, but three chambray shirts!!! What??? So i grabbed one of hers and threw this super cute outfit together.

And the moral of the story is that I will be buying a chambray shirt tomorrow!

Linking up at the Wear It Challenge!

3 comments:

  1. I also want a chambray shirt. Cute outfit! I'm still considering getting onto the 'colored jeans' wagon. By the time I do, they'll be out of style! I'll be visiting your blog again. : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by! You must try the colored jeans they are such a great addition to the closet :)

      Delete
  2. Checked yours out too!!! Loving your outfits and the Mason Jar cupcakes??? Amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete