Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Our Family Room!

The very first time I walked into the model home that we ultimately bought in another neighborhood, I was head over heels in love with the family room. Distressed wood floors, built ins, open to the kitchen, a butler's pantry, a wall of windows, soaring 2 story ceilings.... did I mention a FIREPLACE???? I was sold without seeing anything else! I have some minor changes in store but this room is 90% finished!

It's a huge room and we totally lucked out that our existing furniture totally worked in the space with a little tweaking! The sectional was originally a U shape, but we were able to pull out the corner piece to better fit the space allow us to use our coffee table! Lesson learned to measure the coffee table you plan to use prior to buying a couch.

I love that the corner piece makes a perfect little conversation or 
reading spot with my Ballard upholstered ottoman as a side table.
Oh yeah, and those built ins..... swoon!!!!

We opted to install Bamboo Shades to filter out the light but still keep the room bright.
It also allows us to still get a good shot of the backyard if Little Man is playing! 

The view from the breakfast nook. Love that I can see the the action while in the kitchen!

I adore the Butler's Pantry that connects the Family Room/ Kitchen to the Dining Room!
And right beyond is a half bath which is ideal right off this living space.

I am not a fan of kid's toys all over the house.... this buffet perfectly holds puzzles, 
toys, blocks, and even all of our diaper changing supplies!
The baskets allow for easy access and pick up.

No comments:

Post a Comment