Monday, February 4, 2013

Impossible Cheeseburger Pie

There are some meals that totally remind me of a being a kid. I was a pretty picky eater (tomatoes, yogurt, ranch dressing, ketchup, chinese food, tacos, guacamole..... some of my now favorite foods that I never ate until college and even after!) But this savory meal was a staple at our house growing up and I was so excited to make it and see if Little Man loved it as much as I did!

In typical fashion, I changed healthied it up a bit but here is the original Betty Crocker Recipe.

1/2 LB Ground Turkey Breast
1 large onion chopped
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tbsp Olive Oil
1 tbsp Worchestire sauce
1 cup Shredded Cheddar Cheese
1/2 cup Original Bisquick Mix
1 cup Milk
2 eggs

Heat oven to 400 degrees F
Lightly grease 9 inch pie pan
Toss the olive oil and garlic powder into a skillet
Add the ground turkey & onion
Saute for about 5 minutes
Add the worchestire sauce and saute an additional 5 minutes making sure to break up the ground turkey
Drain the meat and then pour the meat into the pie pan
In a small bowl whisk Bisquick, milk, and eggs until well blended
Pour over the meat in pie pan
Bake about 25 minutes
Add the cheese to the top and place back in the oven with heat turned off until cheese melts







And not only did Little Man LOVE this meal, so did my hubby! My mom used to add fresh sliced tomatoes before adding the shredded cheese and that is next on my list for this meal!

No comments:

Post a Comment