Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Shower Rings to Drapery Hooks

As I mentioned yesterday, I needed the extra couple of inches that drapery hooks provide for my DIY pom pom panels. I set out to Target over the weekend to grab some basic 1.5 inch ones and was floored to see that those size hooks were nearly $10 and I needed to get 2 sets! I knew that I could find something cheaper online but I was itching to get these panels up and didn't want to wait for the hooks to show up in a few days.

What's a girl to do? I kept thinking as I walked the aisles of Target and as I made my way up the Bath aisle, the perfect solution appeared!

At $1.99 for a pack of 12 the price was perfect too!

Once I got home, I dug thru my spray paint stash... I decided on the Rustoleum Hammered spray paint that happened to be a very close match to the drapery hardware.


2 light coats of spray paint

Looking slightly hammered 

Then I let the rings dry for about an hour. Once dry I closed the rings and got to work with my needle and thread and a tape measure. I used 6 rings per panel so I needed to measure out where they should go. Once I had the panels marked, I sewed each of the rings to the panels with a couple of hand stitches. It was really that easy!

Up close view of sewn on rings

Love the look and that my panels now touch the floor! 

No comments:

Post a Comment