Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Kid's Chalk Play Table

I am thisclose to having the mood board for the kid's playroom finished and I am so excited to get started on it that I just had to do a playroom project!

Since we have a dedicated play room in the new house, lots of stuff has been able to be included in the room. Like the old coffee table and this cute bench that I made a while ago.

Here it is in the playroom and it has worked out great for a play table and 
I don't have to worry about kiddie chairs tipping over.

Unfortunately, the table needs some work. The top is scratched and covered in peeling paint. 
It s shard to see in this pic, but trust me it's there!

So I took the table out to the garage and gave it a quick sanding.

Think I use this stuff alot?

Then 2 coats of my chalk paint

Another clue you chalk paint too much... your almost 3 year old knows how to help condition it!

All covered and conditioned!

The final product...

Little Man's favorite part? Drawing train tracks on the table for his train!

PS - The bench has now been retired. Let's just say that Fia's climbing skills have improved and after finding her sitting on this table I realized that it needs to go! Luckily, I have a great plan in the works!

No comments:

Post a Comment