Sunday, July 1, 2012

Happy Birthday America!

Well - its almost the 4th and our neighborhood had a great BBQ on Saturday! I knew just what I was going to bring thanks to this amazing post from Hi Sugarplum!

Patriotic Chocolate Sparklers

The best part??? Aside from the chocolate??? It was a great activity for little man to help me with! i could see this working for any holiday or even a birthday party.

3 easy steps and you are set with a dessert to impress.

1. Melt the chocolate. I went the easy route and used the Baker's Microwave Dark Chocolate version. About a minute in the micro and its ready to dip.

2. Dip the pretzels into the chocolate and lay them on a wax paper covered cookie sheet or large platter.

3. Sprinkle with the topping of your choice. I went with red, white, and blue sprinkles. Walking thru the grocery store I had a great idea to use coconut and maybe some dried cranberries too.

I chose to put the pretzels into the frig since I was in a hurry to have them set. Wait 10 minutes and you are ready to display and serve!





No comments:

Post a Comment