Saturday, June 9, 2012

Success.... But can't reveal quite yet!

Well - I am proud to say that I managed to get this piece 'finished' in less than a week's time! Sanding, priming, 3 coats of paint, and a clear coat... all completed while the hubby was out of town and I had both kids solo! Now that is a real challenge and I met it!

Unfortunately - I can't reveal anything just yet.

And here is why...


I spent the better part of my computer time last week searching for pulls to use on the dresser. I knew that I wanted brass and something large (6 inches or more). But I found nothing that really spoke to me at a reasonable price. I even checked locally at Lowe's and HD. Nothing quite big or wow enough. And for some reason I decided to check Restoration Hardware's sale section online. And what do you know that they have several pulls marked down to less than $7! I was nervous that these might be for the smaller sizes but I was pleasantly surprised when I clicked on the Duluth pull above and saw that the 8 inch Antique Brass pull was $6.99! Yes - this is still ALOT for pulls but not for this size and since I only need 4 of them I quickly added them to my cart (I am one of those people that worries about great online deals being snatched up if I don't buy quickly!) And in a few short days - they will be at my doorstep and it will be reveal time!

No comments:

Post a Comment