Sunday, June 3, 2012

Six Day Restore Challenge

I am taking on a personal challenge this week.... Fingers crossed it goes well and that I get it completed by Friday!

We live in the best neighborhood and I love our neighbors! On the first day that we moved in - nearly the whole street was gathering in our neighbors garage for Friday Happy Hour. I mean how great is it to get out of the house, socialize, and have a drink? Even better to be able to walk 20 feet and do it at a moments notice with great people! On top of that - we have been very generously given 2 beautiful solid wood dressers as our neighbors are redecorating their home. The first now lives happily in my closet with a new coat of paint and the second one is now sitting in our garage waiting on its new attire!

I love the look of a brightly painted dresser turned entertainment system in a family room. Below are 2 images that really exemplify what I mean.



So this week, I am setting off on turning this solid wood dresser into an entertainment center! Here are the before pictures. Of course - we had already removed the pulls but at least I actually took some before ones this time! This is such a solid piece - and I am still trying to decide if I want to use the pulls or get new ones. First project for tomorrow is seeing what I can do about polishing them up!





No comments:

Post a Comment