Sunday, June 24, 2012

High Gloss Finish

One of the things that I really liked about my inspiration dressers was the super shiny, high gloss finish that they both had. I think that it makes the piece really stand out and look much less painted at home.

I was hoping to accomplish this using the semi gloss paint that I purchased and our poly coat. Unfortunately it wasn't as glossy as I would have liked. On a side note, I am super impatient and doing a better job of sanding between coats and before the priming and painting would have helped alot but I get so focused on the end result I sometimes hurry thru the steps!

So, I did a quick internet search and found this miracle working spray paint.


So after my single coat of primer, multiple coats of paint, and single layer of poly... I applied about 3 coats of the Clear Lacquer Spray. And I have to say wow! What a difference!

It is best to apply in a very well ventilated space (ideally outside) because it sure is strong but the results are outstanding! It totally covered all of the brush strokes and imperfections.

Check out my after shots... you can almost see a reflection its so shiny!



No comments:

Post a Comment