Monday, May 13, 2013

Random Food Thoughts... Pumpkin Brownies, Milkshakes, and more!

I have a couple of random food related thoughts this lovely Monday morning...

1. My name is Nikki and I am a chocoholic! So whats a girl to do when she needs her chocolate but is trying to not eat horribly? I found the perfect solution! Almost Healthy, High Fiber Brownie cookies! You literally dump a box of brownie mix, half a can of canned pumpkin, and 2 tbsp applesauce into a bowl and mix! Cook on 350 for about 10 minutes (or eat them raw!) Yes - I know they are not healthy but with just pumpkin and applesauce I can use girl math to pretend! In the bottom pic, I stuffed them with vanilla frozen yogurt as a treat for Little Man and he LOVED them too :)


2. If you looking for the real deal summer treat... Look no further than Sonic's Summer of Shakes! These things are to die for! So far I have tried the Chocolate Covered Strawberry, Chocolate Cream Pie, and Oreo Cheesecake... and I can't wait to try more! What's even better is that after 8pm it's half off milkshakes!


3. Okay, back to healthy eating.... My sister stumbled on these yummy kid friendly snacks. I feel so much better passing these out than the usual Goldfish. They are in the salad topping section at most grocery stores and they are really tasty! You must try them for yourself and your kids.


4. Another great product that is kid friendly. Most mornings I try to make homemade healthy pancakes but sometimes it doesn't happen. These sweet potato pancakes are high in protein, all natural, and they taste great! I can only find them at my local Fresh Market but have seem them at local Organic/ Health Food stores on occasion.


No comments:

Post a Comment