Thursday, October 11, 2012

Spook-tacular Pumpkin Bars

No this is not turning into a food blog... but it seems the only bit of DIYing I have done lately has been in the kitchen! Man, its rough keeping the house clean and ready for showings with 2 kids and a dog (and thankfully we have had lots of activity!) I do have about 5 projects in the works but at the end of the day all its all I can do to drag myself to bed!

I have been itching to bake something pumpkiny but also wanted something dairy free so that I could enjoy it too! I came across this yummy recipe and without the icing it is totally dairy free! I have a go to dairy free icing that I was going to make but these bars were perfect without any icing for my taste.

Ingredients:
4 eggs 
1 2/3 cups granulated sugar 
1 cup vegetable oil 
15-ounce can pumpkin 
2 cups sifted all purpose flour 
2 teaspoons baking powder 
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking soda


Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. 
Using an electric mixer at medium speed, combine the eggs, sugar, oil and pumpkin until light and fluffy. 
Stir together the flour, baking powder, cinnamon, salt and baking soda.Add the dry ingredients to the pumpkin mixture and mix at low speed until thoroughly combined and the batter is smooth. 
Spread the batter into a greased 13x10 inch baking pan.  Bake for 30 minutes. 
Cut into bars.


No comments:

Post a Comment