Thursday, January 15, 2015

Pom pom power!!!

I'm sure most of you out there have probably already seen these brilliant and easy DIY but I'm a little late to the Pom Pom party!

We had 2 birthday parties this past weekend and as we were wrapping up gifts (yes lil Fi was a great helper!) - I spotted some yellow yarn that was the perfect color to match to the paper. I initially was planning to just tie it up and do a standard bow. When suddenly it hit me... How cute would it be to top the gift with a fuzzy, yellow Pom Pom??


Since I'm a risk taker, I just tried wrapping the yarn around a piece of cardboard, pulled the yarn off the cardboard, knotted a piece of yarn in the middle, then cut all the loops. And it worked!!! 




Here is a tutorial I just found too with more details! http://www.danamadeit.com/2010/12/pom-poms-a-very-simple-tutorial.html

I mean how cute did this turn out???

Now I'm pondering another Pom Pom DIY!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment