Monday, April 8, 2013

Chicken & Bean Enchilada Casserole

 I love Mexican food! I could eat it 5 nights a week! I often wonder if that's because I never even tried it until college or if it's because of my love for any meal that I can eat with avocado? Either way, this meal is stupid easy and a real crowd pleaser! I have made it several different ways and no matter what you choose to throw in, it always turns out great.

Ingredients:
3 cups of shredded chicken (I chose 2 cans of organic chicken breast)
1 can of pinto beans (rinsed and drained) - could sub with black beans, refried beans..... etc
1 can of corn
8 flour tortillas
3 cups of medium salsa (I had no salsa so I made my own! See below!)
3 cups of mexican cheese
1 cup of crushed tortilla chips

1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a large bowl combine the chicken, beans, salsa, and corn.
3. Add a third of the chicken mixture to the bottom of your casserole dish and top with a quarter of the cheese. Cover with a layer of the tortillas.
4. Continue to layer on the chicken, cheese, and tortillas until you have 3 layers.
5. Top with your crumbled tortillas chips and sprinkling of cheese.
6. Bake for 20 minutes or until the cheese is bubbling.





2 comments:

  1. This looks delicious! We are Mexican food lovers around here too, at least once a week. I cannot wait to try this. Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks!!! I am already getting the urge to make another mexican meal! I'll be interested what you think of it :)

    ReplyDelete