Thursday, April 18, 2013

LBD for a Spring Wedding

As I mentioned earlier this week, we had a wedding to attend last Friday. It was a garden wedding on Friday evening at 6:30pm. This left me wondering what the proper attire might be. I decided that my little black dress was the perfect option! It might also have something to do with the fact that shopping with a 1 and 3 year old for dresses is never going to end in anything but frustration!

Being that it's spring and it was a garden wedding I wanted to lighten up the black dress a bit and I turned to my trusty friend, the internet to help! I found tons of great ideas but this was the look that I went with (with a few minor tweaks!)



I already had a LBD so I set off looking for the accent pieces! Thankfully, the kiddos are much more behaved when I am shoe and accessory shopping! So I set off to find a pair of nude heels, a turquoise statement necklace, and an off white scarf (in place of the jacket if it got a bit chilly!) 

I am a heels girl. I wore 4 inch heels for 6+ years to work every single day even while 8 months pregnant (maybe that explains Little Man's early arrival at 35 weeks...) But in the last year, I can count on one hand the number of times I have worn heels. So I was hoping to find a pair of heels that might be cute and comfortable and springy. Of course, wedges were the answer! I totally lucked out and found a steal of a deal on the very first pair that I tried on! And they are crazy comfortable! Not quite the nude pumps from the inspiration pic but these are actually much lighter in person.

Jessica Simpson Catskill wedges


I hit up the jewelry sale section and was shocked to see some really great options! But right away this necklace caught my eye. I loved that it was big, gold, and appeared well made. I was sold when I saw that it was half off of the $48 price tag!


Last on my list was the scarf. Scarves can be pretty pricey, especially solid ones it would seem. I was also looking for one that was a thin gauzy material to work for spring and summer. If you have not ever been into Private Gallery you need to run there ASAP! They have awesome clothes, accessories, and shoes at great prices! I lucked out and found the perfect scarf there for $12. The label says dry clean only which I noticed after my little princess got spaghetti on it and it totally came right up with water. No stain, no damage to the scarf!


Of course, I missed out on the full shot of the outfit but I think that it totally worked! I also love that all of the pieces that I bought can will totally help me to better create outfits from other pieces that I have in my closet to create lots of other looks once the wedding was over.


No comments:

Post a Comment