Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Pancake Saturday!

As I have mentioned before, little Fia is a super happy and smiley baby! Unfortunately, this comes at the cost of eating dairy free! This is a challenge for me to say the least as I am a self professed cheese addict. What makes it even harder is that milk or milk protein is found in almost everything processed. So I jump up and down when I find an easy and yummy recipe that I can eat and my family finds to be tasty (and not too crunchy!)

Little Man loves to help with the cooking and one of his favorites is pancakes. I have spent the last 2 months or so making him pancakes (with milk as an ingredient) and watching jealously as him and the hubby enjoy a stack covered in maple syrup. It finally occurred to me to look up a dairy free version and I am happy to say that this Saturday I was able to partake in Pancake Saturday too!

Here is the link to the recipe.

1 cup flour
3 tbsp sugar
2 tsp baking powder
1 cup almond milk
1 flax egg (1 Tbsp Flax meal + 2 Tbsp Warm Water)
1 1/2 tsp vegetable oil

Sift together dry ingredients.

In a separate bowl, whisk together wet ingredients until combined. Batter will be lumpy. We like to add some food coloring at this point to make it more exciting for the kiddos! We also added frozen blueberries once batter is poured in the pan.

Cook in a skillet over medium heat. Flip when bubbles begin to appear on the pancakes surface.

No comments:

Post a Comment